2003 Hinckley Talaria 44 Express CHIC|
Rouses Point, NY
CHIC is a beautiful example of the Hinckley Talaria 44 Express that was cared for most of her life by Hinckley Yacht Services until her move to Lake Champlain in 2018. Recent updates include an upgraded JetStick II system, new Ultraleather cushions, new cockpit bimini and new Northern Lights generator (with only 12 hours). Very clean and ready to go for her next owner. Currently stored inside heated at Safe Harbors Rousses Pointe NY, engines and generator have been serviced, bottom painted and general maintenance schedule with storage paid for the winter.
We provide this yacht listing in good faith, and although we cannot guarantee its accuracy or the condition of the boat. The South Jersey Yacht Sales - CCM is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Hinckley Yacht Brokerage. She is subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice and does not imply a direct representation of a specific yacht for sale.
BOAT TYPE: Express Cruiser
MODEL: Talaria 44 Express
HULL MATERIAL: Composite
BEAM: 13.25 ft
LENGTH: 44 ft / 13.41 m
DRY WEIGHT: N/A
MODEL: 6LY2A-STP FWC diesel
POWER: 440 HP
PROPELLER TYPE: N/A
MODEL: 6LY2A-STP FWC diesel
POWER: 440 HP
PROPELLER TYPE: N/A
FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 500 gallons
FUEL TANK COUNT: 1
WATER TANK CAPACITY: 100 gallons
WATER TANK COUNT: 1
HOLDING TANK CAPACITY: 35 gallons
HOLDING TANK COUNT: 1
CHIC sleeps 5 in her spacious accommodations. Forward, below deck, are a Master Stateroom, Head, Shower, Galley, and Dining Salon. The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry with white fabric overheads with varnished cherry battens, and a varnished teak & tulip cabin sole with cabin sole covers. All lockers have louvered doors.
The Pilothouse features two Stidd Helm seats, two L-shaped settees and a varnished teak table. The cockpit includes aft-facing settees, and a walk-thru to the swim platform.
DualGuard® Composite Construction and SCRIMP process. Hinckley's DualGuard construction has a skin coat of chopped E-glass mat in low shrink vinylester resin, an outer skin of Kevlar/E-glass, a core of end grain resin-sealed aircraft grade balsa and high-density foam, and an inner skin of carbon fiber.
In such areas as the hull/deck connecting flange, jet intakes, and all through-hull fittings, the core is eliminated and the hull reinforced with additional layers of fiberglass. A reinforcement stringer system of carbon is inserted into the hull, and the completed laminate (hull stringer system) is then SCRIMPed. The patented SCRIMP process, an advanced, closed-molding, resin infusion technique, uses a strong vacuum to saturate or infuse the "sandwich" with vinylester resin in a single step.
The hull shell is supported by a combination of foam cored FRP stiffeners laminated to the primary hull, and structural bulkheads.
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, greater hull strength against impact damage, and thermal insulation.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat deck & cabintop with molded-in nonskid
- Double Cream Awlgrip boot stripe. New 2018
- Black bottom
- Marelon ball-valve type flush seacocks.
- Stainless steel 316L strain plates on all scuppers
- Custom ¾” stainless steel chafe strip across the transom
- Stainless steel half round on solid PVC rubrail molding
- Swim platform with teak inserts has a stainless steel swim ladder under the swim platform.
Pilothouse roof has a custom Hinckley mast (painted to match house) that supports a flag halyard, anchor/steaming light, antennas, air horn and cockpit floodlight with dimmer.
- The handrails on the cabin trunk and pilothouse tops are varnished teak.
Foredeck locker has a custom stainless steel anchor arm that can be pivoted to deck launch position.
- Remote control for anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring this boat simple.
- The anchor also can be pinned in place or pivoted back into the locker for a clean look.
- A freshwater deck wash spigot is in the foredeck windlass locker.
More Deck features:
- Tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- (7) Lewmar Ocean aluminum hatches with smoke gray Lexan
- (6) Trunk cabin opening elliptical port lights with removable screens
- Stainless steel chocks and mooring cleats
- Wichard folding padeyes & chafe strips for fender & docklines
- Outboard deck locker with over board drain for gasoline or propane storage
- Stainless steel deck scupper
- Molded bait well with gasketed cover in aft deck drains overboard
- Custom stainless steel bow rail extending aft far enough to easily reach when stepping forward from the cockpit
Entry to the boat is either from the side or through the transom. A centerline transom door with stainless steel clasps opens from the swim platform.
- Varnished teak inboard cockpit coaming and cap
- Teak sole with teak threshold at transom door
- Removable teak boarding step for side decks that can be used port or starboard
- Courtesy light in step riser between cockpit and pilothouse
- Insulated and drained "fish box" in transom
- Custom holders for cockpit brushes
Port and starboard are aft-facing settees with cushions that are covered in Light Oyster Ultraleather fabric (2022) with Ivory Stamoid cushion weather covers.
- Aft are forward-facing port and starboard settees with matching cushions and storage within.
- Outboard to port is a removable custom sun lounger extension/settee with matching cushions that attaches to the port aft settee and the port engine box seat
- Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover fastens to pilothouse top and fastens with snaps
- Cockpit shower with spigot has hot and cold mixing valve at stern door opening
- (2) Fishing rod holders on aft deck sides with drains or covers
- Custom stainless steel arm mounts in the rod holder and holds up the shore power cord.
- Glendenning Cablemaster shore cord reel system
- Cockpit stereo speakers
- Removable teak step mounts to coaming sides for side boarding over aft facing seats
- Cockpit bimini with stainless steel folding bows (2019)
Storage is provided in the cockpit by a locker on the aft deck, a cockpit sole hatch and beneath the teak covered engine box shelf behind the engine box seatback.
Pilothouse layout includes:
- Helm area starboard and navigator chair to port.
- L-shaped cushioned settee is aft of the port chair. Cushions are covered in matching Light Oyster Ultraleather fabric (2022).
- To starboard is a second L-shaped cushioned settee covered in matching fabric (2022).
- Double cup holder in varnished teak settee shelf back port and starboard
- Storage under port and starboard settees
Pilothouse features include:
- Varnished teak dash and coaming
- Teak pilothouse sole
- Varnished teak pilothouse top aft handrail
- Varnished teak handrails in pilothouse overhead port and starboard
- Stidd 500N Light Oyster Ultraleather covered helm seats port and starboard forward
- Pilothouse cushions finished in matching Light Oyster Ultraleather fabric (2022)
- Pilothouse 3-piece drop down aft curtain enclosure with door
- Ivory Stamoid window covers for all pilothouse windows – Inside front and side
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning duct
- Stereo speakers
The Pilothouse has 3-forward tempered glass fixed windows with intermittent windshield wipers and washers. The pilothouse side windows slide open giving the helmsmen and crewmembers additional communication to the dock and additional ventilation. Side windows are tinted gray.
- White noise-absorbent overhead
- (2) Overhead opening hatches with screens above for excellent ventilation
- Skyscreen sunscreens recessed overhead on pilothouse hatches with teak trim
- Overhead halogen lamps on dimmers provide lighting
- (2) Custom infra-red camera displays recessed in teak forward overhead port and starboard
- Samsung 23” flat screen
- Varnished teak pilothouse table, chrome pedestal and padded protective cover. Table leg replaced in 2018. New cushions for berth (2022)
Navigator/passenger's Area (forward to port) has a gloss varnished dash that has a custom chart locker with hold-open arm. The Navigator's chair is an electric Stidd 500 N polished chrome power pedestal with 2X footrest and is covered in Light Oyster Ultraleather, slides forward and aft, and pivots.
Outboard the passenger seat is a varnished teak shelf with fiddle and chart light. The main DC/AC electrical panel is under this shelf.
- 12-volt and a 110-volt outlet in this area.
- Chart light on a flexible arm is mounted above the DC panel
- Single cup holder
Gloss varnished teak dash with upgraded Hinckley JetStick II®, engine controls, nav instruments and gauges, remote controls and a 15" teak rimmed steering wheel. The electric Stidd helm seat is covered in Light Oyster Ultraleather, slides forward and aft, and pivots. Forward of the helm seat is a folding teak footrest. A louvered teak door under the helm seat provides access to the locker in the helm seat base.
Outboard of the helm seat is a varnished teak shelf with fiddle which houses the Hinckley JetStick II®, autopilot control and a cup holder. A 12-volt outlet is near the key switch.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raytheon Raymarine ST6001+ Autopilot
- Raymarine E140W Color Chartplotter with Radar overlay and depth
- Raymarine 4kW radar antenna
- Standard Horizon Quantum GX2360S VHF radio
- Standard Horizon Ram mic in forward cabin
- Raytheon ST-60 Tri-data display with Speed, Depth and Temperature display
- Danforth 4" compass mounted forward of helm dash
- ACR spotlight mounted on pilothouse top with remote at helm
- Flir infrared night vision camera mounted on Pilothouse top with screens over helm and navigator screens
From the pilothouse forward and through the varnished teak companionway door are the 3-companionway steps down to the interior accommodations. There is storage under the steps including custom liquor locker/wine storage. A teak handrail to port can assist at the companionway. The companionway top is a bi-fold and can be removed and stored.
The interior accommodations layout:
- Main Cabin including a full Galley starboard and Dining Salon opposite to port
- Head and separate Shower areas are next forward port and starboard
- Master Cabin is forward.
MAIN CABIN (Amidships):
This cabin has the U-shaped dinette/salon to port and galley to starboard, both conveniently from the pilothouse. The cabin is finished in satin-varnished cherry, has white fabric overheads with cherry battens, and a teak and tulip sole.
- Two large overhead opening hatches add extra light and ventilation to this full-beam area.
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning offers additional comfort in all conditions
- Dimmers on all main cabin lighting
- (2) Hella fans
- Alpine stereo system with speakers
- Samsung 23” flat screen TV mounted to aft bulkhead.
- Satellite TV antenna
Starboard aft is the U-shaped GALLEY finished in satin-varnished cherry cabinetry with louvered locker doors and a custom stainless steel countertop with backsplash.
Galley features include:
- Custom stainless steel countertop
- Undermounted double polished stainless steel sink - with Grohe fixtures and sprayer
- Hot and cold pressure fresh water system
- 3-Burner electric 240-volt stove top
- Sharp microwave/convection oven
- Hinckley custom water-cooled refrigeration with front cherry-faced door and countertop-hatch access.
- 110-volt outlet
The sink has Grohe chrome faucets with hot & cold pressure water and hand sprayer. The countertop has a back lip here that protects the cherry laminated bulkhead.
- Outboard of the sink is a countertop top-opening storage bin.
- 110-volt outlet under sink
- Electric 3-burner 240-volt stove top
- Microwave/convection oven under cook top
- There is varnished cherry sheathed alcove storage directly outboard with storage lockers forward & aft.
- Three (3) drawers for silverware, knives, etc.
- Refrigeration is under-counter and has separate refrigerator and freezer compartments with individual thermostat controls and a shelf. Access is with a cherry-faced front-opening door and countertop top-opening lid hatch.
- Lighting is built-in to the bottom of the center locker giving concentrated light to the countertop.
- Mug and glass storage in a locker above the countertop.
U-shaped dining area is opposite the Galley to port and comfortably seats five. Sand Ultraleather fabric covers the dining cushions (2022).
The high-gloss varnished cherry dining table with padded cover is on a chrome pedestal that manually slides up and down and that allows the table to form a double berth. The drop down position includes a matching covered filler cushion.
- Outboard are louvered door cherry lockers, an entertainment center, storage alcove with removable fiddle, and stereo speakers. Opening portlight outboard.
- Additional lighting is provided by two Frigast stainless steel lamps with dimmers and by a lamp over the dining table.
Next forward of the Galley and Dining Area is the ensuite Head with the marine head to port and shower area to starboard. There are opening ports and opening deck hatches in both the head and the shower. A solid door leads to the rest of the accommodations.
- The head area has light cream-colored fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid. The bulkheads in the head are satin varnished cherry.
- Gloss varnished cherry wood countertop with polished stainless steel undermounted sink, Grohe fixtures, and hot & cold pressure water.
- (2) Cherry-trimmed mirrors - full-size mounted on the door to the forward cabin and half size forward bulkhead mounted.
- (2) Stainless steel towel bars
- Double robe hook
- Sealand vacu-flush marine head is plumbed directly to the 35-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump to a discharge facility.
- Divided storage locker
- The reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning system duct.
- Overhead lighting with dimmer
- Separate Shower with Cream Formica bulkheads and fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid.
- A watertight divided storage/towel locker is outboard just over the oiled teak shower seat.
- A stainless steel towel rack is mounted above the shower locker.
- Four robe hooks for hanging towels or wet gear.
- There is an outlet for the reverse-cycle air conditioning system in the shower.
Forward, the forward cabin solid cherry door opens to a centerline queen berth:
- Handcraft Mattress Company 8.5" System 3 inner spring mattress
- Cushions covered in Sand Ultraleather fabric
- (3) Storage drawers below
- Outboard, port and starboard of the centerline bunk are storage compartments with lift-up tops
- Aft of the centerline bunk are port and starboard hanging lockers with a louvered door. Starboard locker has three removable shelves
- Overhead dome light as well as Frigast lamps with dimmers mounted on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans on the forward bulkhead
- Custom 110-volt outlet forward starboard
- One set of custom fitted sheets
- Stereo center - AM/FM, DVD player (2) speakers.
The stateroom is satin-varnished with cherry sheathing, paneled cherry doors and louvered cherry locker doors. Storage includes double doors forward to the chain/rope locker. The forward cabin has a large centerline deck hatch and there are oval opening ports starboard and port for plenty of extra light and ventilation.
This cabin also has
- Air conditioning duct for either cooling or reverse-cycle heat.
- Private ensuite head entrance to the master stateroom
- Separate door enters from the rest of the accommodations.
- Standard Spectrum VHF Ram mike custom installed on forward face of stbd hanging locker
Separate 12 volt-DC starting and accessories systems:
- Two (2) Lifeline 12VDC 105 amp/hr CCA batteries - main engine & generator start
- Custom Bass 12-volt DC electrical circuit breaker panel - is one half of the standard Hinckley electrical panel - with volt and amp meter gauges
- 12-volt DC 80-amp alternator on port engine for starting batteries
- 35-amp alternator on generator for starting battery charging
- Two (2) Lifeline 8D 12VDC 255-amp/hr batteries for accessories
- 24-volt DC 100-amp alternator for ships service batteries
120-volt and 240-volt AC systems from shore power and generator:
- Northern Lights 9kW generator (New 2019, 12 hrs Aug 2023) - rated for 240 volt AC, 60 Hz
- Custom Bass 120-volt AC electrical circuit panel with Hinckley combo 120/240 AC on the other half of the electrical panel
- Statpower Prosine 2.5 Inverter
- Shore power 50-amp 110/220-volts AC cord and Glendenning reel system
- 30-amp battery charger
- 110-volt outlets in galley, head, engine room and pilothouse
- (4) Four caged 12-volt lights in engine room and one caged light in forepeak
- Galley refrigeration system runs from 12-volt system or 110v power
- Copper electrical bonding system.
- GFI protected circuits in galley, engine room and head and in pilothouse
- Professional Mariner Zinc Saver
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT & ENGINE DETAILS:
- Twin 2003 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP diesel 440-hp 6-cylinder in-line engines with ZF Marine1.41:1 reverse/reduction gear
- Aqua Drive CV shaft system
- Bennett trim tabs
- Hamilton 322 waterjets
- Mathers electric single-lever controls and synchronizer control the engine RPM's & transmission.
- Patented Hinckley JetStickII® control system integrates forward and aft motion of the boat, steering, and the 10" electric bow thruster.
- Two-inch foam/lead fully insulated engine room and flexible engine mounts provide quiet, vibration-free cruising.
- Saltwater cooled-in-line muffler exhaust system
- (3) Racor in-line fuel filters for engine & generator with vacuum and water sensing gauges
- Engine tachometer with hour meter gauge
- Engine oil pressure gauge
- Engine cooling water temperature gauge
- Low oil pressure alarm
- High cooling water temperature alarm
- Floscan 9600 fuel monitoring system
- (2) Fuel transfer pumps with switch at helm
- Paragon Sr. freshwater pump
- High water bilge alarm system with Ultimate Sr. switches
- (3) 12-volt DC automatic bilge pumps
- Whale Gusher bilge pump
- Fire extinguishers
- 12-volt engine room blower
- (4) 12-volt caged lights and a 110-volt outlet
- (2) Aluminum alloy 150-gallon wing fuel tanks
- (1) 200-gallon centerline fuel tank with remote fuel gauges
- 100-gallon stainless steel freshwater tank
- 35-gallon holding tank - with tank gauge
- 17-gallon stainless steel insulated water heater
- 40,000 BTU MarineAir reverse-cycle air conditioner services pilothouse, galley, dinettes, head, shower, and forward cabin
- Muir VRC 1200A electric 24-volt DC windlass in anchor well
- Custom 316L polished stainless steel bow roller
- Bow roller mounted 35# Delta stainless steel anchor with 25' x 3/8" stainless steel chain +200' x 5/8" nylon rode
- Varnished teak bow burgee pole and stainless socket
- Varnished teak ensign pole and stainless steel socket
- Navigation lights
- Dock lines
- Fenders with covers
- Horn - 12-volt
- Life jackets
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.